16. juni, Bloomsday! Og siden 2IB fortsatt har undervisning, blir det en liten internett scavenger hunt i dag, i anledning Bloomsday. Her er oppgavene de har fått:
BLOOMSDAY SCAVENGER HUNT
Here is a song with the title “16th June” – any idea what it could be about?
Now, you google and find out:
- Which author’s name occurs 50 times in Ulysses?
- Who does Leopold Bloom’s wife have an affair with during Ulysses?
- Who is the character Molly in Ulysses supposedly based on?
- How many writing styles does Joyce make use of in Ulysses?
- Who is narrating the last chapter in Ulysses?
- What does the number 4,391 have to do with Ulysses?
- In Dublin there is a famous statue of James Joyce. What is the statue looking towards?
Read: If time, go here, pick one of Joyce’s short stories from Dubliners and enjoy it
(‘The Dead’) is particularly recommended)